Clarksville Presbyterian Church on Virginia Avenue (Main Street). The church was organized in 1832, later moved to 4th Street and erected at the present location in 1909. The addition to the left was just recently added.
Clarksville Baptist Church on 5th Street (right side of street).
Jamieson Memorial Methodist Church at 219 5th Street (further down from the baptist church and on the left). Membership originally started in a private home in the late 1700s. The original building was demolished and this one erected in 1901. It is Gothic Revival.
Mount Zion Baptist Church at 201 Market Street, dates to 1871.
Originally this was First Clarksville Presbyterian when established in 1832. Now it is Second Street Baptist Church, organized in 1907 and dedicated in 1920.
St. Timothy's Episcopal Church on 6th Street. This congregation began in 1913 and was consecrated May 16, 1917.
to Mecklenburg County menu
Back to Home