This house is the granddaddy of them all as far as Clarksville is concerned. It's the former house of the town's founder Clark Royster. Known locally as both the "Royster House" and the "Oettinger House" for it's current resident, it sits on the bluff overlooking downtown and the lake (Rose Hill Avenue, to be more precise.) It's on the register of historic places.
What we call the "Easley House" used to be a hotel on the bluff overlooking Clarksville.
This historic home in Clarksville is known locally as the "Judge Henry Wood, Jr. House." It was built in 1829 and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places and is also a Virginia Historic Landmark. It is on 6th Street.
to Mecklenburg County menu
Back to Home